Replies

• in my new fpv frame ,the compassmot was 160%  , I add an external compass placing it on 30mm stand off  and did nothing less .Re-tested and got 28% . And that's with the 5.8 200ma video tx and board camera along with all the others bits and pieces , esc,motors, APM 2.5 RC rx and miminosd  etc.

for 5minutes work and £6 for the compass and cable this is an easy fix (touch wood)

• Foil works very well it made my interference go down %30

• I know, Copper berilum sheets shield efectively against electromagnetic radiations, downside is, berillium is toxic, but i dont think its hard to get, and if handled with thin gloves should be ok

• uhmmm....   You can't shield magnetism...!!

it will go through any material like its not there....

• I have my esc aprox 3 " out on each arm and the apm mounted on an aluminum plate and am having no problems

• Could I suggest a Length of Low Loss Coaxial Cable like RG214.

The shielding should reduce the problem.

RG214
    RG214
    RG214
  • Developer

I'm with Euan, best material you can use is an 'air gap'. 5cm (2.5' in old money) away and you will have perfect performance.

• Skip the materials and go straight to the compass elevation; it's the only guaranteed way to improve compassmot.

Take it from a man with 2 sheets of mostly unused and mainly unpredictable mumetal in his drawer...:-)
  • T3
    I've used aluminum foil folded in half, just under my stack just above my PDB.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…