It seems I'll never get my MinimOSD working :-(
I was out testing today and realised that I'm losing the overlay. I've turned off all switching in the CT tool so it's not that. I simply lose the overlay but the video remains on screen. It seems it's related to telemetry and the only way I can get it to work again is to unplug the telemetry radio then reboot the quad.
I don't suppose anyone can help me resolve this, I've been trying various things all day and cannot get it to stay on the screen.
The odd thing is, if I test it inside with no GPS fix, theOSD remains on screen, if I take it outside not long after a fix the OSD disappears... Can anyone help?
I bought two of these off from E-Bay, and after fighting with them for hours, they are going into my junk drawer permanently.
My initial problem was no matter what I did (and I spent hours trying recommendations found online), I was never able to get data from APM, so things like battery voltage remained zero.
One of the things that I tried is to install the official firmware from the MinimOSD website (MinimOSD_20.hex), but since I did this, the whole screen is filled with dots and gibberish--spattered with a few readable words. And re-flashing other firmware, including the Extra firmware does not resolve this. Nor does uploading a new character set (with the 12V power supply attached--another recommendation found online).
Nor was I ever able to get the items on the display to change, regardless of what panels I uploaded.
An OSD is supposed to be a simple item to finish up your build, not the most complex piece of hardware on your aircraft. I really wanted to be able to tap into the telemetry already being generated by APM, but it's just not worth the fight. I guess I will either go back to using additional external sensors (at the cost of additional weight) or simply go without an OSD.
Has this problem ever been solved, I am experiencing exactly the same issues as Mark and have tried all of the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere but to no avail!
At home in the house everything works fine I see all my telemetry and if i fire up the quad all works well.
I take it out in the field I plug in and usually no telemetry on screen!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhNooooooooooSSSSSSHHHHH.
On screen I see the minimOSD pootup and request data from the APM then nothing just video. Last night I also tried adding a 220uF cap across the Pos and neg as suggested elsewhere no change.My earth to camera and Video Transmitter both run to the OSD and I am powering the OSD from an independent BEC. I have tryed changing SR1 and SR0 in Mission planner but with the same result as others here. They revert to defalt!!! Any help?
I'm returning to my quadcopter after some months out (First issue already, the 3.3v regulator needs changing...).
Did you ever manage to solve your MinimOSD issue and get it to display data? If so, would you be so kind as to let me know the solution...
I must be mistaken on the wire I changed then. Mine was acting just like yours. The display was there but no updating except bat and something else.
My wiring is buried now and I can't remember the exact ones but it involved a green wire where the normal hookup does not show it that way.
I'll see if I can find the reference again and post the link.
I connected the green wire from the APM telemetry port to the green wire on the 915Mhz radio. This is on a clone 915Mhz radio and clone Minim OSD. It appears that the wiring on my clone 915Mhz is Red, Green, Yellow, and Black.
Looking at other diagrams it appears the yellow and green wires in the connector on my clone 915Mhz radio are reversed. After hooking to the green wire everything on my OSD updated as expected.
Yes I did. Somewhere I read to use the green wire from the OSD module connector to the yellow wire from the APM connector. I did that and the display instantly came alive.
Hope this helps!
Argh, so yours was not wired up correctly? I've just checked mine and the OSD rx pin is connected to the APM tx port (Both rx and tx go to my 3DR radio), so I presume mine is right...
I get the OSD, but some of the numbers only update on arm (voltage current etc), modes etc seem to work all the time. I'm stumped.
I was recently having the same issue. I am running APM 2.5 with 2.9.1b on a HEX. Here is what I did to make sure that things were working:
- built a Y-cable, one set of leads for the radio, one set for the Minim
- radio with 4 leads: gnd, 5v, RX, TX
- Minim with 3 leads: gnd, 5v, RX
- installed MinimOSD-Extra from here: https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/Firmware
- updated firmware to 2.2
- updated character set from file in config tool
- connected APM to MP, went to initial setup tab > optional hardware > OSD
- clicked enable telemetry, this updates certain params
- went to config/tunig tab > clicked write params
disconnected from MP, removed USB cable. Hooked up the radios and Mini and turned it all on. After a few seconds I saw data appearing on both MP and screen.
Hope this helps sort out your issue!
Further info, when trying to set SR0 I see that some of my settings are being changed after a refresh. I write the new params as per the MinimOSD Extra wiki but upon refresh they are changed.
The settings changing back are:
SR0_EXTRA1 (Back to 10)
SR0_EXTRA2 (Back to 10)
SR0_EXTRA3 (Back to 2)
SR0_POSITION (Back to 3)
SR0_RC_CHAN (Back to 2)
I'm trying to use these settings: