Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've noticed that if using class 4 SD card and enabling full logging, the board works until the first reboot. after a power cycle the board won't boot. the same card works great with a pixhawk and full logging enabled, it also works fine with pixracer and the default log bitmask value. Changing SD card to class 10 fixes the issue. 

• Thanks for the suggestion.  I haven't changed the logging detail. But I am running a class4 card.  I'll get a class10 to eliminate that as a possible problem.

• Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it.

• Is it just a matter of setting:

RC5_PARAMETERS - RC5_FUNCTION to 37 (motor 5)

RC6_PARAMETERS - RC6_FUNCTION to 38 (motor 6) 

and the - RC_MIN / RC_MAX PWM values?

or is there more config required to describe how many motors are on the vehicle?

• It will be fun to follow the newest exploits in Ardu-world version 3.4. I know this won't be high on racer's lists (this thread) but one thing I wold love to see added to 3.4 is broadening the options for other gimbals, in particular the new Tarot 3DIII. This gimbal integrates with Tarot's ZXY-M flight controller to improve gimbal performance so I suspect it can't be too difficult to understand the protocol and implement something similar.   

• +100 on that! About half a year ago I suggester starting to work on DJI canhub support, so we could use DJI gimbals with pixhawks... It shouldn't be too hard, partially because there are a few libraries with DJI CAN... 

• I don't know if this is the place to ask but I can't find much information and I'm curious about the status of Copter 3.4. I see there is work going into getting it to work on PixRacer but I can't find anywhere where 3.4 is in beta test like 3.3 and previous versions were in the past. 

• 3.4 isn't in beta test yet, Randy announced that is comming soon; following this post you can see that they are working hard to do it.

• Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot issues with my ESC and PixRacer. Yesterday I solderd all the connections  to my Splash Drone. I believe it is XWing 40A ESCs.

And as soon as I connect power it beeps constantly every second. It is doing the same if I disconnect them from FC. The ESC calibration procedure will make them beep faster, but no reaction on the throttle. Tried diferent APM versions and no diference. ESC and motors are functional, I just swapped the controllers and PDB with ASCP4.

What are the steps to troubleshoot that?

• Today I loaded px4 stack and tried to calibrate everything and ESC calibration worked. I can arm and start motors. Is something with APM stack, not the hardware.

This reply was deleted.

Activity