Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm a little concerned that they were on backorder last week and now they are no longer available.  It would seem to me they have found a flaw in there design and no mater what firmware you load the unit won't work.

• If you really have this intention, i can send it over to you. I bought one clone, since its not working for my friend as well, i got it. so now i have 2 useless clones here. also i purchased one from AUAV, still waiting to arrive.

But i have 2 drones waiting for FC, so i can afford to give you one. If you can fix the problem, you can keep it, otherwise i would ask you to send it back (im collecting electronic waste :) )

Michael Burmeister said:

I would be willing to purchase one and get it working for you, but it appears hobbyking has pull the product from there website.  Maybe now you have a collectors item.....

• probably sold out after they drop the price!!! to $60

• That is really odd, it was there yesterday.

Michael Burmeister said:

I would be willing to purchase one and get it working for you, but it appears hobbyking has pull the product from there website.  Maybe now you have a collectors item.....

• I would be willing to purchase one and get it working for you, but it appears hobbyking has pull the product from there website.  Maybe now you have a collectors item.....

• Agreed. This is not about politics. It was really just the poor decision to use cheaper inferior components rather than the ones specified in the design.

Cloners care about profit first and customers / safety last (maybe never?).

• This has nothing to do with politics. No one broke the build for clones. It simply has defective hardware. What you are asking for is that we just let defective hardware fly...

Marcell Kovacs said:

This is a problem, right. Probably the idea to support clones (or remove the clone-breaker setting/feature/fix) wont be loved or supported by the community here. Personally I'm working on to make it work, although i see little or no chance i can fix this alone, in time.

Chinese partner would solve the problem, because at least 'cloners' will put some effort other than manufacturing based on the schematics... That would invalidate some of the comments by others that they dont care. But still wont support AUAV's effort.

As this is purely politics, i would like to avoid going too deep in this conversation on this forum. ;)

Denis said:

@Marcell,

I understand this's problem. So, what is next? New version of clone... adapted firmware... no
    I think local buyer in China don't know about the problem with clone and AC3.4 firmware in the future. It's a problem. Chinese buyers like to Buy from Taobao. It's a large market. I think project need an official partner in China.

• This is a problem, right. Probably the idea to support clones (or remove the clone-breaker setting/feature/fix) wont be loved or supported by the community here. Personally I'm working on to make it work, although i see little or no chance i can fix this alone, in time.

Chinese partner would solve the problem, because at least 'cloners' will put some effort other than manufacturing based on the schematics... That would invalidate some of the comments by others that they dont care. But still wont support AUAV's effort.

As this is purely politics, i would like to avoid going too deep in this conversation on this forum. ;)

Denis said:

@Marcell,

I understand this's problem. So, what is next? New version of clone... adapted firmware... no
    I think local buyer in China don't know about the problem with clone and AC3.4 firmware in the future. It's a problem. Chinese buyers like to Buy from Taobao. It's a large market. I think project need an official partner in China.

• @Marcell,

• Denis said:

I think clone and original flight controller can use wifi function without any limitation.

Probably yes, you can use the Wifi. But.. there will be issues with other sensors like baro, gyro and accel. For me, none of the latest APM Copter 3.4+ and PX4 latest have serious issues to start the sensors.

In APM 3.4 and related PX4 Firmware, sensor start retry logic was changed, SPI bus speed was changed, driver versions were changed. It just does not work anymore.

BTW: Is there anyone using a clone with 3.4 without these issues? Sorry for the question, but like to know.. :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity