Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I believe if you install it via MP it will detect it's a pixracer. 

• My PixRacer with FW3.3.4 on my 3DR x4 is flying great with stab, pos hld, loiter, circle, missions and RTH modes on par with my Pixhawk.. I had to literally put it a box to get alt hd to get beyond the aerodynamic and light problems as we have seen in all the iterations. Have I heard of a software fix in the making?  I also discovered that stacking with the power module causes "compass variances" and high offsets.. All in all, I am very pleased with this addition.. Thanks to all the devs..

• Thanks for mentioning the power module stacking compass issue. 
      Now I know it's not just me, and I'll give up and disable the internal. 

Have you tuned your power module?  I'm curious what BAT_AMP_PERVOLT should be set to for the ACSP4.

• I don't know the value for the ACSP4 but just need to reverse props, measure the amps at 50% throttle and in MP type in the measured amps in the #4 grey box..

• Also it is possible to recharge the lipo after flight and calculate the value of amp/volt by recharged capacity and used capacity displayed in MP.

regards,

Andreas.

• The Values for ACSP4 are: 13.4545 Volt multi and 36.3636 Amps per Volt.

Calculated from Data posted at: https://github.com/PX4/Hardware/issues/53

• Thank you!

Mine still doesn't work properly.  It doesn't measure anything reasonable until I am pulling several amps.  Sitting stationary but with a lot of equipment running,  700ma according to my multimeter, mission planner usually shows 0, but it jumps around and sometimes shows 1 or 2 amps, and then back to 0, etc.

All the peripherals are running through the power module.  And, even when the props are spinning, but it's still on the ground (pulling 2-3 amps) mission planner is still showing 0.

when I'm flying, I get a reading.

• Scott: don't you have signals wires from the PM in wrong port?, that issue make me more crazy than I am until I discover it. ;)

• I used the supplied cable...  so as long as the cable is correct, it should be ok.   All pins are straight through 123456 to 123456. 
                  Voltage works, and current gets a reading when I'm pulling 10 amps.  But it shows 0 until it gets to about 10 amps, then it gives me a reading. 

I suppose I'll do even more beta testing and put PX4 back on it to see if it's an APM issue, or if it's possibly my hardware. 

• Thanks,
                    I get .0004-.0005 volts on the current pin.  I'm drawing about 700ma.

All the other pins are definitely ok. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity