Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

@DeLe, perhaps a silly question, but could it just be that you have the safety enabled? Either set BRD_SAFETYENABLE=0 to disable it or press the safety button to stop it flashing.

My apologies if you already checked this - it is a common issue with people coming from other flight controllers that don't have a safety switch.

• It's already set to 0. I originally had the switch but then removed it as I saw that BRD_SAFTYENABLE was 0

• I set mine that way with blheli 14.5 and had no problems. They all start at the same time.

• Randy, thanks for the work on the AltHold issue, I hope to get some more test time on it but the wind is pretty bad here today.

I do have a question , when I first started trying to fly FPV it was with a ZMR250 with a F303 FC on it I was using CF/BF and having some issues with trying to get the locked in feeling with ACRO mode. One of the regulars on the BF site told me to go into the motor mixer and do a custom mix because the ZMR250 is not a true X , the roll axis is wider than the pitch axis is long by 76.5%. After I set this from 1 to .765 in the mix it felt more locked in. I know that all you guys have your plates full trying to fix issues and try to help everyone do you think this would be a possibility in the future. I am into the Pixracer for the long haul and I am behind you guys for the long haul. Where do I need to contribute to you DEV's

• You can currently tune the x and y axis differently.. By default there's a box checked to lock the x and y axis on the advanced tuning screen. 
      I know that helped w/ my unsymmetrical frame. 
      I've only ever used APM and px4, so I'm not sure what BF's motor mix is doing....

• Yes, I am going to seperate the x and y and adjust them seperate. I have also mostly used APM and Pixhawk. I got interested in FPV and built the 250 I mentioned above then started to learn about CF/BF BIG, big jump from what I was use to. Anyway CF/BF uses this ratio plus it uses what you have tuned the pid's for pitch and roll. It also has multiple pid controllers to choose from . VERY, VERY fast it can do a roll in the blink of an eye. If you get a chance look into BetaFlight and some of the people using it because this is what we are up against to make the PixRacer a tough competater. I believe it can be done.Also in motor mixer you can change motor order and rotation.

• Developer

Hi all,

I would like to thank everybody for their patience. When using master it is important to remember you are testing code that is currently in development and in some areas is a work in progress. The development team is working hard to make the next release of Arducopter fully support the PixRacer and mini quad acro and fpv racing flight.

The issues we are seeing with the throttle are a result of a number of changes we have made to the motor mixing code. These changes simplify this part of the code while improving the performance. In the process we have found a couple of small areas that were not optimal and have fixed them.

The next step in this work will be to make Arducopter automatically calculate the hover throttle. This will mean that all the pilot will need to do is take off in Stabilize, then switch to alt hold or loiter for 10 seconds and from that point on the hover throttle will stay very close to the perfect value, even with fluctuations in battery voltage and altitude.

The next thing we plan to add is a separate mid throttle for ACRO. This will let people flying in ACRO with high powered quads to set their mid stick throttle to whatever best suits their style of flight. I will tend to set my mid throttle to maintain altitude when at 45 degrees bank angle.

After this we will do a clean up of the attitude controller maths. This will have some subtle performance improvements but I don't think people will notice them.

It would be great to get a list of features fpv racers and acro pilots think we need.

Thanks again and please remember that master is new code and a work in progress. The dev team really appreciates your bug reports and feedback. It is people like yourselves that make each arducopter release so reliable!!!

Thank you!

• Hi, thanks for the work you guys do, especially how quickly you guys sorted the "tricopter issue" with the tail servo channel. To help keep up the tricopter support comung I would like to donate a few frame plates of my design - lower frame with integrated PDB + current and voltage sense circuitry + 3 becs (5.3v12v7.4v all adjustable) and the top frame with holes for minimOSD video pass-through. The frames were never intended as. A commercial product, I simply designed those to make my setups easier and cleaner - manufacturer didn't charge me a cent for 5 sets of them (bare PCBs) as I bought some otheer great stuff ftom him. I am using two sets myself and have three to donate. Leonardt, Randy and Tridge let me know if you want/need them I will gladly assemble them and ship to you (in the US). Intl shipping we can split. Just shoot me a PM. 

3702631670?profile=original

• 3702743923?profile=original3702744006?profile=original

• Developer

Hi Artem,

That looks great!!

Thanks for your offer!! I already have a tri flying so I don't need a board.

Thank you very much for your support!!!

This reply was deleted.

Activity