I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you want any help developing this I'm an IOS programmer and I wouldn't mind reviewing code. 

• I am ready to purchase android version.

• Only just found this. Definitely interested in the IOS version! Will there be a version for the tablet form factor?
  • Caught this late! Me, I'd be very interested, in fact I'd pay good 'app money' for it!

Although only if i get to test it first :)

• Mr. Eldridge, I am also a developer and would be very interested in testing or assisting in anyway with iOS version.

• Sounds awsome. Id be interested in an Android version for non-rooted devices. If its good it might be just the excuse I need to buy a tablet. :)

• Developer
    Zachary go for Mav1.0 as 0.9 is getting obsolete now. All future development in done under Mav 1.0.
    jD-IOBoard have support for it already and so does MiniOSD.

Mission Planner has been switched to Mav1.0 too. There are still 0.9 executables included on releases but for how long... Who knows.

QGroundControl (original author of mavlink) already switched to mav1.0 some months ago.

--jp
  • I also have a Twitter @zaccom about this project and updates on progress. Since there is enought buzz I going to keep the updates rolling.

• Its for android.. has lots of bugs (i tried an old version) and requires a bluetooth modem connected to an xbee. but has the right idea

http://code.google.com/p/copter-gcs/wiki/MissionPlanning

• Good news the Mavlink 1.0 seems to working send and receiving messages still working on other bugs but could be completed in couple of weeks sooner. Photo of test antenna

photo.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity