APM 2.5 Boot Up Throttle Problem

Hi guys,

My team and I are assembling a Skywalker FPV with APM 2.5 and we have a little issue with the throttle on boot up. Upon initialization, the throttle range of the tx stick is changed, motor spins up to about 15% power although the throttle stick on the DSX7 transmitter is down and trims centered. 15% throttle thus becomes the lowest throttle possible. I don't think it's a power distribution issue since all the servos work fine even if the throttle acts up. I have to reboot the apm, which usually solves the problem, but it usually takes a couple more reboots before issue magically disappears. The problem manifests again after the board is rebooted after a longer period of time. My throttle endpoints are at stock settings (-100, +100) and I calibrated the throttle range on the radio input page on mavlink with these as the maximums. All failsafes are disabled at the moment. Have any of you guys experienced this and have any suggestions?

Setup:

Skywalker FPV

Orange RX 6-channel

DSX7 TX

Arduplane 2.66
3DR Telemetry

Ublox GPS
One Dime 50A ESC

CC 10A BEC
Hitec mini servos all around
Revolectrix 3300mah 3S Lipolies

Regards,
Serge G. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have a Bixler 2 with a DX7 transmitter with an AR7000 receiver (no satellite) and have the same issue.  Setting the throttle trim to minimum seems to prevent the constant spinning on startup, however every now and then it still spins briefly on startup.  We've considered making a small power adapter (probably just a BEC by itself) and a switch so we can power the APM without using the speed controller.  When we actually want to fly then we can just flip a switch to arm the speed controller.  I don't think it would be too hard, just need time to do it.  It'd be better though if the firmware is fixed. 

• I have the same problem with APM2.5. Interestingly I only get the problem if I boot with the transmitter set to manual...if I boot in stabilize it it completely throttle off.

• Oh and on a side note, is it okay to fly 3 lipolies in parallel with 2 parallel connectors joined like this? 

3692541477?profile=original

LOL

This reply was deleted.