Newbies - MAJA - no power to prop?

Hello

Having a problem with a MAJA drone – we’re using APM planner 2.

Still learning, so sorry for lack of technical info…

Yesterday we tried to upload a parameter file (optimized for carrying camera load) and get the drone through all pre-flight checks.

- Before loading the new parameters, the drone wouldn't initialise, there was no power to the prop but all flaps functioned through RC.

- After loading the new parameters, the drone successfully initilised (with the 3 beeps), but there was no flap function nor power to the prop.

- Next, we calibrated the RC transmitter using APM planner 2. After doing this, all flaps function but prop starts and runs at low speed if ailerons used and won’t increase or decrease with control.

- We then calibrated the accelerometer & RC control again, and now initialisation is successful, and all flaps function, but again, no power to the prop.

If anyone can shed some light on what might be happening, or how we can solve this issue to get the drone flight-ready, it would be much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Harapan,

We have experienced a similar problem.  Our UAV was initially able to fly normally in all modes and suddenly started to fail to rotate the props in AUTO mode.

Did you eventually solve this problem?  How did you eventually crack it?

Thanks

• We're not in a populated area - trying to map forest. Little RC experience, hoping to do most work with autopilot.

Update: we've managed to get the throttle working now, but another potential issue has arisen; 

We've set the RC control to Auto, Stabilise and FBW-B. We can't change the FBW-B, as on APM planner this is on number 6 which you can't edit - however would it be better if this was different, and if so how could we change it?

Second, had an issue today where the throttle suddenly and automatically switched on to 100% in FBW-B mode even though we hadn't touched the RC controller. Any ideas why it would do this? 

Param file attached.

Thanks!

Maja 2.2m 10A APM2.5 PID tuned new 13_3_2013.param

• Hi Mas Harapan :),

With my limited knowledge, I'll try to probably shed a bit of light:

1. Regarding the throttle which automatically switched on, there are at least two possibilities: (1) have you calibrate your Tx without mission planner? And then with mission planner. (2) you probably want to check the parameter list which control the starts of the throttle. I experienced it once with copter that after arming, all of sudden all motors are turning and the quad jumped a bit. And then I changed one parameter which basically was not "0" (zero) and after turning it to "0" it all went well.

2. I am sorry that I am not yet familiar with FBW-B. However, I have also used wing (DIY FW) to map the forest also in Indonesia :), and so far it worked well and I set up mostly in Auto mode. I also use H-copter for more detail results. Thinking at the moment to combine FW and copter as you know sometimes in the middle of the jungle it's not easy at all to find place to land.

Good luck and hopefully it's useful,

Best,

R

• 100KM
    Attach a copy of your param file then I can try to look for a potential reason.
  • Are you flying your vehicle in a populated area ?
    What is your RC experience ? What is a MAJA drone?
    I am not familiar with that model?
This reply was deleted.