Success!

Just came back in from my first flight of my 3DR Y6, and I am happy to report 3 consecutive successful flights.  To be honest, it was not the first attempt (I tried that in Panama before I moved to Costa Rica, and it was a failure due to a bad ESC that 3DR replaced free of charge).  I am getting close to 10 minutes of flight time (I am starting to land with 40% of the battery left) with no gimbal yet (was really windy also).  I tried to do the auto tune, but it was too windy, and I cpuld not finish the process, but the copter was easy to control.  GPS features also worked perfectly well ( loiter and RTL were the ones I tested so far).

I still need to find a gimbal for it (I am thinking a 3 axis one for the gopro) and also a BEC to feed both the video transmitter and the video switcher (any recommendations for these 2?).  I am also considering getting a couple of these batteries, as they add 10% more power with 18 grams LESS of weightthan the 3DR ones, but those will have to wait until I am done with the gimbal...

Anyway, I am reañly excited with this drone.  I may just have to stick my sony actioncam on it until I get the gimbal installed!

Felipe

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Felipe.  It's a good bird, I know you'll like it.

• http://www.feiyu-tech.com/product-en.php?id=44

I've been reading good things about this but don't own one. It might be worth looking at.
  • Go for the Feiuy Tech 3 axis Ultra gimbal. I use that one on my Y6.
    I will post pics of it tonight when I get back from work.

/Per
    • Yes, please post pics. I'm interested in seeing how you attached it.

And Felipe, good news, glad to hear you got it running.

This reply was deleted.