Digital Camera Mount

Hello,

I am looking for a sturdy digital camera mount for a quadcopter that doesnt have a gimbal. I just want to lock it at 30 degrees pointing down. Simple. The quadcopter i have is this.Ideally if it fits onto this, that would be great.

Something like this except NO MOTORS or Complexity and cheap and can hold a standard digital camera.

TL68A08.jpg

I use a typical canon digital camera like this7159-DigitalIXUS80IS3quartR.jpg 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Best I could find is a CADGrab file on how to make your own camera mount setup.  I also believe as mentioned earlier that you need to shock mount it to prevent Jello-ing of you images from propeller vibrations.  You could build your own setup with a bit of creativity and skill.

Good luck.

Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library
    The GrabCAD Library offers millions of free CAD designs, CAD files, and 3D models. Join the GrabCAD Community today to gain access and download!
  • Better yet. I you can send the camera dimensions and bar separation distance I can 3D print what you are asking for.

I can send you a view of the item prior to printing as well.

• Sounds like a lot of work for you. I was hoping for an off the shelf mount.

• You need some kind of shock/vibration absorbing mount plus an assembly with a tripod screw to hold the camera.  You could get a vibration mount from hobbyking or ebay.  Add a tripod mount from ebay.  Aseemble and adapt to your quadcopter frame and you have a very low cost solution that will probably require some tweaking to make it work.

Another option would be to take a fixed gopro mount and modify it to suit your point and shoot camera.

This unit from hobbyking might be the closest to what you want but it may require the addition of a tripod screw to hold the camera plus some adaptation to your frame.

This reply was deleted.