GoPro with IRIS

Hi everyone,

This might be a dumb question. According to the IRIS operation manual and from what I've read in most discussions, the WiFi capabilities on the GoPro have to be turned off. I'm wondering if this true for both manual and automatic flights?

Thank you,

Kate

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mike,

I didn't know much about configuring the fail safe operations until I investigated with the link you provided. After going through them with the mission planner, it seemed like most of mine were already set up... right now I'm having issues with the throttle fail safe though. Whenever I turn my transmitter off, not only does my channel 3 PWM remain the same, but my IRIS does not blink yellow to notify a loss of the RC signal. Does this issue sound familiar to you at all?

Thank you!

• Hi Kate,

Did you figure this out?  My channel 3 pwm values don't change either when I turn transmitter on/off. I'm not sure what I'm missing here and how to adjust calibrate this. Were you able to get them set to be plus/minus 10 of FS Pwm?

Thanks so much!

mb

• You might find this useful at least if you are using spektrum gear: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/spektrum-dx8-and-ar8000-failsaf...
      Configured failsafe myself couple of days ago, took some hours to find that link.

• Mike,

I have yet to change any default parameters on my Iris and want to add this.

Can you explain where & how you are changing this?

Thanks.

• Nevermind.  Missed the link.

• Yes, please turn the WiFi of the GoPro off or your UAV will have a mind of its own. I almost had a catastrophic event with that issue. The WiFi was originally off but I turned it on accidentally while on the gimbal (there is a little button on the side of the GoPro that turns the WiFi on). There are many videos online of people losing their UAVs due to the GoPro WiFi.  

• Darn, sorry that happened. Noted. Thank you, Eric!

This reply was deleted.