Developer

What is Pixhawk 2?

www.pixhawk2.comPixhawk 2 is a small cube, with a 38.5mm square footprint.All connection to the cube is via a DF17 connector coming out the bottom of the cube.This modularity allows for multiple form factors to suit multiple platforms.For the stand alone market, it will be coming out in two form factors to start with, a "Full" configuration, and a "mini" configuration. The full will have connectors for everything, the kitchen sink.... While the mini is restricted to the bare essentials.For RTF's or kit aircraft, I am working on a series of plug and fly systems, that allow you to remove most of your wiring from your aircraft, and take advantage of the easy to use modular structure.The cube also has a massive quality advantage. Given that every single pin is available on the DF17 connection on the base, it allows complete factory full motion testing and calibration of each cube.Pixhawk 2 is continuing to grow. When we release the Pixhawk 2 stand alone, it will be using the latest sensors available on the market, in a form factor that allows the ultimate in flexibility.Please note. Pixhawk 2 Stand alone is NOT a 3DR product. It is a community driven product, designed by the community for the community.A key requirement for my partner companies who will be making this will be active support of the community.Looking forward to announcing more info soon!Philip RowseLead Systems EngineerProfiCNCLead EE on Pixhawk 2 PX4 and Ardupilot Dev team member(formally 3DR sponsored)

image.jpeg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
      Yours is supposed to be missing one :). You have an early prototype, and on that board, putting the fourth screw in caused stress on the 3rd IMU. This has been rectified for the stand alone version, and the versions built by 3DR for Solo
    • Admin

Hi Philip,

Do you ever sleep:-)

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated and understood.

I did take the cube off and I am pretty sure that I put the screws back in the same position as they came out, however just to be safe could you please post a picture of the bottom of the carrier of where the forth screw is missing?

Regards,

Tom C AVD

• very good news! i hope  europeen customers  will not be forget..

• Can't wait.

• Great to know this. Congratulation Philips. Put me on the list who want this at hand whenever released.

• Congrats Phillips!

Great job.

PS: Somehow this is reminds me PX4FMU,

• Developer
      It's often the case that things go full circle!
  • Congrats Phillips!

This kind of hardware is what many of us are waiting for. It is a nice integration OEM friendly board that we will love to integrate into our own host pcbs.

Many thanks for the work and effort.

• How will all this be related to Arducopter? With Pixracer as I understand it, AC is not currently compatible, is that correct? What about AC/MP and P2?

While I'm looking forward to a P2, I'm also all in still with AC, am still learning the code after two years as it has changed significantly since 3.1.

This reply was deleted.