Flight mode confirmation???

I need to know about confirmed operation....

In other words.... When I switch flight modes, How do I Know if it actually does????

My Taranis is telling my it's changing but I would like some kind of feed back from the model that the mode I select is armed....

Is this possible?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The logical switches can be set to inform for the commands sent to drone. But those do not get feedback from the controller, what mode actually was set. The telemetry feedback avoids a lot of faults with battery management, RSSI etc.

It is not important what kind of MavLink telemetry is used, all provide similar additional information and reliability of the system.

• You may be interested in ScottFlys' posts on this subject over at RCGroups.It's an extension of his Teensy telemetry mod for MAVlink/Taranis which does telemetry,LEDs, and sound.It does what you are asking for.There is a link in the post to the Teensy mod.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2562859

• Yes, it is possible using the telemetry feedback, and the modes, battery and much more parameters are displayed on the screen. You do need just APM MavLink converter.

I have good experience with that one, and it performing very well. Just add the board between the Pixhawk and the X8R, and download the script in the Taranis. Then new two screen appear, where all parameters are visible, audible, etc.

• If you have a Pixhawk with 3.3+ and the buzzer connected the it beeps to confirm the mode change.

This reply was deleted.