Waiting for GPS - Solo won't fly

Solo waiting on GPS for hours. Never able to lock on so no flying. Solo requires GPS signal to fly even when in the Android app under advanced you set "Enable Advanced Flight Modes" which supposedly allows "fly without GPS." 

I have done a factory reset - held down power and fly, re-paired controller and Solo, re-updated software but no luck. 

As you can see from the pic below a GPS signal fix was available on tablet:

3691213356?profile=original

In the picture below you can see the yellow icon at bottom left of screen which indicates "Waiting for GPS..." 

3691213191?profile=original

Has anyone else been able to solve this issue?

Disappointed 3DR would make me wait till Saturday when they are closed to download Android app in order to update to be able to fly. Received Solo on June 3 had to wait till June 6 to update and now have to wait till June 8 to speak with tech support. Odd they couldn't ship with updated working firmware.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fetti, has your GPS issue been resolved? if not this needs to be escalated.

• Tech support requested the drone logs last night but I have not been given a resolution yet. I asked for another one to be sent out as this one is clearly defective too. So I guess we'll see what happens today. 

• Not sure if you checked this yet but other pilots have found that the gps molex plug came off in shipping. And one user found that one of the wires was partially pulled out in that gps molex plug. I never cared for those little molex plugs, but what do you do....think I will wait at least 6 months before I pull the trigger on a new solo   

• I noticed on my x8 that 3dr used small drops of hot glue to hold in the servo wire on the rx. Maybe they need to do that with the gps cable. Not sure what would happen if that gps wire came off in mid flight!!!! Flyaway??

Im waiting to pull the trigger on a new solo. Want to listen to some of the guys flying them.

• Ken have you flown a pixhawk or apm before? Just wondering how it compares. Or if it has a spot on the board for a typical 915 telemetry radio.

• Hi Richard,

No, I haven't.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ken

• Glad you got your problem sorted Ken. 3DR is a great company that has bravely led the way and brought the first truly robotic system to mass market. You will not regret your decision.

• Thanks - my son and I are having a great time with it. Just wish we could get another battery - seem to be all back ordered - 17 mins is just too little time!

• Are you consistently getting 17 mins?

• Yes, but that is letting the battery run down to a little under 10%. 

Also the manual states this ominous message;

3702881891?profile=original 

This reply was deleted.