It's been a while that I'm developing a camera control board and its software. That takes me hours sending commands for testing it on long shooting sessions. There was no battery enough here for such amount of tests... until now! ;)
Some time ago I've noticed a small hole on the battery slot of my S95. It is protected under a flexible rubber stopper. Well, then I decided to improvise and build an external battery adapter by hacking an old worn out battery. Two 3D printed plates and a female JST are now replacing the cell. By that way I can use external sources like bigger 1S Lipo batteries. Here go the images. It's quite simple, but very effective.
The white plastic base was cut to be the female slot. The female cable was soldered on a little embedded circuit which has the contacts of the battery cage. A 3D printed core was build as two identical pieces:
Now I can use external 1S Lipos or even a DC source who will give me hours of work with no interruption. =)
Note: If you will gonna do that, do it at your own risk. Here is working like a charm.
Here is the STL object. for 3D printing: Adapt_Battery_S95.STL