Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wonder if this has anything to do with my problem and a possible solution. After searching around the web and reading through the issues on minimosd-extra site I realized that even though I made the changes to my SR0 and SR1 values in mission planner only the SR1 value changes took. No matter what I do it will not let me change the SR0 values. I make the changes and write the parameters but when I refresh they are back to what they started at. I have been reading about people having this problem with Pixhawk FC but I am having the problem with APM2.6 3.2.1 FC. Could that be why minimosd-extra is not requesting data? Or rather why the APM is not seeing the request properly?

Thanks,

iamwally

• Did you see mwosd?

what was possible to achieve with Minim OSD hardware?

Maybe it could be worth to try to port or some parts of it to APM?

Also very interesting project is AlceOSD: https://sites.google.com/site/alceosd/screenshots

• Hi all

I got it:-) and there's a good video here to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxg5PEccumY

Thanks

Jorn

• Hi

I've now tried them all, and it only work when bypassing the video from the MinimOSD board. I'll buy a new one in a few days or so.

Thanks

Jorn

• Also this seems to be interesting https://github.com/Playuav/playuavosd

PlayUAV/PlayuavOSD
      A Graphical OSD for FPV. Contribute to PlayUAV/PlayuavOSD development by creating an account on GitHub.
      • Alce OSD

• Be very careful with the 12v power rail. I had issues with 3s. Had to use a ubec to stabilise voltage. Pal soldering should not matter if you are on firmware above 2.0.
  • I'm using a MinimOSD with a Pixhawk.  I had a picture w/o OSD for an hour this morning for a test.

When I unplugged the battery and plugged it back, the picture was also gone. I've been struggling for hours w/o coming any closer to a happy ending. If i connect the video cable from the camera directly to the cable for the Tx(not via MinimOSD pins), I have a picture. Is there anyway to reset to factory default or measure in any ways to figure out what's wrong?

I'v set my Fat Shark camera to PAL, and today i soldered the PAL soldering point in the back of the board w/o any luck.

I've connected all with the FTDI cable as in the picture, and the only way.

Thanks

J

• Hi everyone been using R800 for a while now with great success but have noticed an oddity with the Pitch Symbol.  My Pitch and Roll OSD symbols appear at the top right corner of my screen and I have noticed that when I put in the Pitch symbol it puts a second ghost pitch symbol at another place on my screen. If I remove the pitch they both disappear and when I put it back there they both re-appear.  It's not to much of a problem as I have positioned it so the second ghost value gets covered up by some other value on the screen and that works for me, but it's a strange thing to happen and I thought it worth mentioning here so Gabi and the guys maybe could take a look at it.  Anyone else seeing this?

Hally

• Hi folks! Wonder if someone can help me out. I would really like to use minimosd-extra 800 with one of the small character sets but for some reason it is not getting the APM info to update. It works perfectly with arducam-osd 2.2 , so I am assuming the wiring is all correct, but when I load minimosd-extra 800 everything stays at zero. The artificial horizon and mode work but nothing else updates. Am I doing something wrong? I am running APM 2.6 with 3.2.1 loaded on and I have set all the SR parameters correctly so I am sort of baffled.

Thanks,

iamwally

This reply was deleted.

Activity