Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On my flame wheel 550 running rc2, I lengthened the stock esc wires so the escs are as far up the arms as possible without re arranging the outputs and my compassmot output said 0,-1, 0... though I wonder if the -1 might be simply from me not being able to hold it perfectly still with one hand while the motors were running at full power? so far I'm loving this version even though I have noticed an odd thing or two, still trying to finger out if they were actually glitches or misperceptions or just simple brain farts...

Just loaded 3.0r2 and gave it a bang. It's pretty gusty right now in Mesa, AZ, so I assume that this is why the stock 450 flamewheel was a bit busy with its corrections. The first time I tried to reposition in loiter, it did drop 3 or-so meters, but subsequent repositioning went well. Loiter held a surprisingly tight box for this wind. Back to the busy corrections though; I think I would like to tone it down a bit.

• I made a video
    X650 with external Compass - Loitern

Loiter with external magnetometer

Greeting Peter

• 3692719096?profile=original

I have
    mounted an external compass on my X650.
    The magnetic influences have now become very small.

Before it was:
    COMPASS_MOT_X 48.033
    COMPASS_MOT_Y -381 928
    COMPASS_MOT_Z 95.22
    Vector = 396, = 120% magfield

Now there are:

COMPASS_MOT_X 0261
    COMPASS_MOT_Y -3457
    COMPASS_MOT_Z -10 204
    Vector = 10.77, = 3% magfield

Loiter is much better.

Greeting Peter

2013-05-18 13-46 2 LOG.zip

• Don't kill your hopes if loiter or any GPS-related function seem to act strange. There's alot of solar radiation impacting Earth these days, and GPS signal quality is degraded.

You can check status here: http://www.n3kl.org/sun/status.html

MK folks logged one of their birds wandering in a 70m circle while actually being disarmed and on the ground.

N3KL.ORG: Solar activity monitor
  • Hey guys,

I just upgraded to 2.9.1b because my Alt hold sort up going up and down, and my loiter is bouncing around itself even if just a light wind. Stablizer mode is completely fine.

When no wind, it's completely fine. But often it would suddenly roll to left or right for a meter, then adjust itself back to original position after a second.

Attached is a log i flown yesterday. and i would like to seek your opinion on checking my log whether is there anything wrong? example the vibration?

My spec is a 650mm Y6, Sunnysky 800kv, APC 11x4.7, 4S 5000mah 20C, APM2.5 with PM, ublox, F30A esc simonk.

Thank you

2013-05-16 22-06-55.tlog

• hello all,

I am sticking to the almost stable 2.9.1b and I have to say that I love it on stabilize and alt hold. But I am trying to tune pids for loiter and Iam no abe to get it right.

As I see here that every oge gets a good loiter with stock pid, I lookes into the logs and I discoveres a very strange lat an lon speed graphs.

I hav compared It to other logs found here and that logs are norma to me.

3692718258?profile=original

I hope you can help me finding the wrong point. My quad is an f450 with kv 1000 motors and 10" props. It is flying just rigt in stabilize but when I switch to loiter, it wants to run away.

I attach logs. thanks in advance

2013-05-15 22-30 6.log

2013-05-12_12-20-56.txt

• hello all,

I am sticking to the almost stable 2.9.1b and I have to say that I love it on stabilize and alt hold. But I am trying to tune pids for loiter and Iam no abe to get it right.

As I see here that every oge gets a good loiter with stock pid, I lookes into the logs and I discoveres a very strange lat an lon speed graphs.

I hav compared It to other logs found here and that logs are norma to me.

3692718233?profile=original

I hope you can help me finding the wrong point. My quad is an f450 with kv 1000 motors and 10" props. It is flying just rigt in stabilize but when I switch to loiter, it wants to run away.

I attach logs. thanks in advance

2013-05-12_12-20-56.tlog

2013-05-15 22-30 6.log

• I was just editing the 3.0 code to reverse the motors and noticed the H frame options with it already done!. Must have missed that.

Good news.

Cant decide if I should give it a try or wait for final release. Any big gotchas in rc2?

• Developer

Ah, yes.  I forgot to put a notice here!

I've added AC3.0-rc2 (release candidate 2) into the old downloads area and it's also available via GitHub and through the Mission Planner's Firmware screen's "Beta firmwares" link.
    Improvements  over3.0.0-rc1:
    1) smoother transition to waypoints, loiter:
    reduced loiter max acceleration to smooth waypoints
    bug fix to uninitialised roll/pitch when entering RTL, AUTO, LOITER
    2) fast waypoints - copter does not stop at waypoints unless delay is specified
    3) WPNAV_LOIT_SPEED added to allow faster/slower loiter repositioning
    4) removed speed limits on auto missions
    5) enhance LAND mission command takes lat/lon coordinates
    6) bug fix for RTL not pointing home sometimes
    7) centrifugal correction disabled when copter is disarmed to stop HUD moving
    8) centrifugal correction disabled when sat count less than 6 (AHRS_GPS_MINSATS)
    9) compass calibration reliability improvements when run from mission planner
    10) bug fix to allow compassmot to be run from mission planner terminal screen
    11) add support for H-quad frame
    12) add COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to support external compass in any orientation
         All feedback welcome.
         By the way, things that still need to be resolved before the final release include:
              a) ensure we can solve all tester's toilet-bowling
              b) Scale Z-axis time constants if inertial nav + baro diverge too much
              c) more smoothing of waypoint transitions
              d) Leonard's stability patch to remove the situation where over-powered or over-tuned copters climb into the sky (long standing issue since 2.8.1).
              e) dataflash is erasing logs unnecessarily sometimes (fixed in master with appear in rc3)
This reply was deleted.

Activity