Developer

ArduCopter 2.6 released!

Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Could not find any reference to this but has the boot issue with the APM1 been resolved in the APM2.  That is, do I have to wait for complete boot up before applying ESC power anymore?

Anyway, 2.6 has been great for me in every way.  The Rate and Stab loops seem to be more efficient, I have reduced both Rate/Stab P values from v2.55 with smooth predicable results.  Below is on a very windy day at the beach but with good control.  Rate P was down to .095 and Stab P was set at 4.6 w/ SimonK ESC's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZiqrv-WMWM&feature=plcp

On Sanibel Island

• Use a long time and only arducopter were problems, the end of it was called ... DJI threat. stability and confidence is very good.

• I'm confused where is the front of APM 2.0 board. If I will connected the board according to the picture in Wiki, (with GPS on back), the artificial horizon roll and pitch works in opposite direction.

In stabilize mode my hexcopter flies well but controls must be reversed. In loiter mode, it starts to run away

I have APM 2.0 with ArduCopter 2.6.

Is there any configuration option, for reversing accelerators ?

• Hi all.  Please can someone perhaps suggest some good PID settings for the following setup?

jDrones.com stock ArduCopter Quad airframe with 924kv motors and 9x5 props.

ALT_HOLD is not stable and in LOITER mode quad starts to circle clockwise after a few seconds
    and the circles increase in size the longer I leave it.

Thanks,

jD-main
  • Hi everyone!

I need some help with my quad pid tuning :/

The frame is this one : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20946__Hobbyking_Super_M...

Radio: hitec aurora 9

APM: APM2 with arducopter 2.6 and X config

Props: 7*3.5

Batteries: 2s 1000mah nanotech or 2s 1650mah

My problem, i can't hover properly :/ When i push throtle ( slowly or hard ), the quad start to hover them start wobleling (from the left to the right )and crash.

I have stock PID and i don't know wich effect they have.

The quad is well leveled and the props are balanced.

Witch setting i have to change for my frame ? ( for the size of the frame and motors )

Thanks in advance, 

David

• Hi people, I tried to use the tilt and roll stabilization. The roll function very smooth, but the pitch doesn't work. When I try to move the copter, the pitch servo respond with random movement, same behaviour using the ch6 pot.

The problem isn't in the servo or cable, swiching the two servos, the problem is always on the APM1 output ch5 (Pitch axis).

Any idea? The same servo and camera gimbal does function with the prevous 2.49.

Thanks in advance, 

Mario

• hi,

my x650 quad crash this morning, because suddenly quad descending after 2 minutes hover, even i throtle up, camera gimbal damage. others part safe.

this my spec.

x650 aircraft frame, APM2, V2.6,  stock PIDs except stab roll/pitch "P" 3.5

esc 18a tgy plush , stock motor xaircraft, lipo 3700mah 4s (fully charged). gopro ,vtx,camera, AUW -+ 2.2kg

can someone look my log. whats wrong,

is it 4s lipo produce more amp and esc hot caused this "descending" and crash?

i have no idea what caused of this.

• Just came back from a fly with 2.6 on APM 1.4 1280

Own design hex that is quite heavy for it's size (hard finding light items locally)

Turnigy 2217 880kv motors. APC 12x3.8 props

AUW 2.4Kg

Flew very well in gusty conditions, reduced stab_p to 3.8.  Handed the controls to a mate who only flies a HK450 heli and was amazed at how stable it was, so kudos to the dev team.

Next flight was time to try pos_hold. It was initially carried about 10m with the wind, but it fought back admirably. Had the slowly increasing circles happening, but some loiter tuning should help that. The turbulence off the trees wasn't helping either and you could see it fighting the gusts that kept changing direction.

Only had time for 2 packs, so next time out will be loiter tuning and I'll kick in alt_hold as well. Very happy overall. Oh! there were no yaw issues at all.

• No FPV, No wind conditions
    Without post stabilization
    650mm carbon Hexa
    APM 1 (Firmware 2.6) all setttings and PIDs default
    2axis gopro mount (only roll was working)
    2x5800mah 4s zippy
    Turnigy plush 30a (programed with turnigy programming card changed some settings)
    Rctimer 3530 850kv (replaced bearings with japan SKF bearings)
    11x5 Gnaupner props (i never balanced any props, maybe i should?)
    Had about 40-50 amps current in hover. AUW weight dont know yet.
    Is it 40amps to much for hover for this setup?
    It takes about 25amps current for taking off... (Using eagle tree V3 logger for monitoring current and eagle osd pro)

• I have a question my Y6 tends to want to yaw left when take off and during flight. I have level it and set some trim to but it just dont feel right when flying.

I used to have the xaircraft Fc on but its motor layouts is totally different on the xa all the pusher props if im not mistaken is on the bottom side.

on the APM the two front arms is pushers on the top side and on the rear side pusher is on the bottom.

This reply was deleted.

Activity