Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i currently have the newest Beta Mission Planner and RC12

• i can now certifiably confirm i am losing my mind. i know it said meters in the Circle Radius because i changed it to 10 m. when i reconnected from 1.3.10.4 Mission Planner to double check i Now see in Mission planner 1.3.10.4 i see cm. dont get old people, senility is close behind :P

Now if i can just get the DO_SET_ROI Altitude parameters question answred, i will go off quietly to my rock and ribbet with the frogs and drool :P 

• LoL

don't worry you won't be alone :) reserve me a spot :)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/drones-discuss/B09cI-XTASA

And in my case Mission Planner does not retrieve the descriptions correctly. So APM Planner on the Mac it is.....

Google Groups
            Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
  • video taken a couple weeks ago in Hawaii with 3.2rc5 (Y6, pixhawk)

• Excellent cinematography! Was your gimbal setup 2 axis or 3 axis?

• thank you! it's 3 axis (DYS gimbal). I don't know if it's the Y6, but with a 2axis yaw just never was solid enough.. even on calm days. 

• Randy,

Could you please tell about log détails regarding EKF and AHRS?

Also When arming whitout GPS, what home position drone take?

• To the guys flying EKF on did you changed any EKF parameter or are you flying default? What do you notice comparing it to EKF off?

• with EKF on, copter has much finer control, also, on a windless day if I put it in alt hold it will stay in the same place for at least 25-30 seconds before starting to drift.  Loiter for me is within 10 inches box with 11 sats and hdop 1.8 So far EKF has been my default flight mode since RC10, before that I was enabling it with a switch almost right after take off.   

• did you change any EKF setting? What frame do you fly?

This reply was deleted.

Activity