Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Randy, quick question

1) Hybrid mode initialisation bug fix

'initialization' Makes me think this fix was right after changing to hybrid mode

I had the fly away happen during landing, about a minute after switching, will my landing in hybrid mode be addressed by this fix too?

Thanks, Ed,

• Edgar,

actually this is not the exact description, you're right, it would rather be :

Hybrid-loiter submode initialisation bug fix.

Your issue appeared each time hybrid code was calling loiter, not especially during landing.

But, that makes sense you had the issue during landing as you don't move roll/pitch sticks at this phasis so, hybrid switched progressivelly to the loiter submode and the issue appeared.

It should be OK now, all our tests were successfull.

Your feedback will be welcome.

• Christian, i think the same. The problem is with the Afro ESC and not Simonk firmware. I will do the process of elimination. I am retrofitting the quad with BLHELI firmware loaded in Himodel slim ESC (20A,11grams). once it flies well with pixhawk, i will load simonk in the same brand of ESC. this would pinpoint the problem. this is a important issue and should be resolved forever. may be then i will post a list of the most suitable brand of ESCs for the Pixhawk. I like slim ESCs for 450 quads. they can be inserted into the arms. this helps keep the EMI away from pixhawk and the quad looks very neat wiring wise. but great job on AC3.2. as we say in my country Hip Hip Hurray! for the team AC. Keep it up. I never had a cradh in last two years. last week i had very bad crashes. almost lost a brand new Hero 3 camera.

• Hello ,
    I have installed and tried this fw 3.2 - RC1 I was very pleased with the results , the drone is very stable and has improved a lot in Althold , Hybrid mode is amazingly stable not more nervous in the transitions , loitering and fly.
    I have not changed the pid setup tested with FW 3.1, but I found that the oscillations only in the first minutes of flight then everything has stabilized .
    I noticed a difference in the acquisition of the satellites by the GPS ( not more than 8 ) with a HDOP that hovered around the value of 2 , while with the fw 3.1 and the number of satellites was between 9-12 and a HDOP between 1.5 - 1.8. But this did not alter performance in Hybrid mode , which flew like on rails stable without shaking .
    I do not know if it depends on the day when I took the test , but with both the drones where I installed fw 3.2 - RC1 have reported the same result Nsat : 8-9 , HDOP : 1.9-2 .I will do a verification of the satellites installing the 3.1.4 fw. 

greetings
    Great job Boys Team .
    I attach the log for any statistics.
    Filmato

Reptile fw3.2-RC1.zip

• it s good to see great improvement for the latest release

• Hello,

I've just tested the ArduCopter 3.2-rc1. Particulary the follow me / guided mode.

First of all, it went smooth and kept the altitude to 10m (there was no wind at all) : Congrats to all, you did a great job.

Only a few things could be improved (it might be a configuration issue) :

• When follow me starts, it take some time for the drone to reach my position ;
    • Then the speed seems to be limited. So the quad is quite late ;
    • When I don't move, the quad gets closer and closer until it is right above me, but it does it by slow moves (is there something like a filter ?).

Is it normal or due to a bad configuration ? Here is the log.

One more time, thanks for your great job.

2014-05-26 14-27-15 Straight Line.tlog

• can u send a link to F20HK ESC that u are using with simonK software.

This reply was deleted.

Activity