I have a Y6A that I have a had for few years and played with off and on, but never gotten off the ground.  I took another serious run at this week and I'm at a loss.

I have taken this thing a part and put it back to gather a half dozen times.  At first, I followed the new Y6B instructions not realizing that it was an older model.  I have sense changed it back and forth several times.  I now have it in the Y6B configuration.  I did a motor test and the motors tests in the correct direction and the correct motors fires assuming motor test A = motor 1 on the 3dr diagram.  

I have also calibrated the radio and all the bars work in the right direction.

The problem is if I try and take off the Y6 dips to the side and strikes the ground.  I held the drone down and tested everything.  The throttle up does what it supposed to do.  Everything else is reversed.  Pushing forward on the right stick causes the drone to want to tip backwards, and vice versa.  Moving the right stick to the right causes the drone to want to tip to the left.

Can any one help with what I have done wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Turn the multirotor around 180 degrees. problem solved. 

• For the tipping, make sure your ESCs are sync'd and your center of gravity is in the right place.  I always have to give my Y6 a little pop to get it off the ground without tipping as it is a bit nose heavy.

On the aircraft not moving the same direction as your control inputs, simply reverse the control channel in your transmitter.  It's normal.  

• I also gun mine for takeoff.  If I try to take off lightly applying power, it always tilts ine one direction or another (sometimes due to wind, other time a leg vatches the grass...  whatever reason).  As for the direction, as talon mentioned, if it is going the wrong way, simply reverse the channel in your transmitter.  You can check the direction the Pixhawk is receiving in the radio calibration window in Mission Planner.  Use that data to be sure your controls are all going the right way.

• This is where I'm confused.  When I do the radio calibration, the controls respond in the correct direction.  I'll try reversing them on the transmitter, but won't that make them backwards on during the calibration?  Will that be okay?

• I would ignore the direction in the calibration screen, you want it to fly correctly above all else. If it responds in the correct directions whilst flying, that's all you need.. As long as you've done the accelerometer calibration correctly, the FC will know which way to thrust to maintain flight..

• And make sure your motors are connected to the right channels in the Pixhawk...  I had 2 reversed in mine, and it still flew, but had poor yaw (in my case, only yaw was affected, but depending on the channels, roll and or tilt could be affected).  Also, if you chamged to the Y6B configuration, make sure you set up that way when you pick the frame, connect the motors and install the props.

• Are you sure you setup the radio calibration and motor/prop setup correctly?

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initial-setup/configuring-hardware...

Channel 1: low = roll left, high = roll right.
      Channel 2: low = pitch forward, high=pitch back.
      Channel 3: low = throttle down (off), high = throttle up.
      Channel 4: low = yaw left, high = yaw right.

This reply was deleted.