Being sick about changing the flight modes of APM 2.5 on my Turnigy 9x via rotary pot (which is actually not really practicable), I searched for alternatives to switch.
What are the possibilities ?
1. Buying a rotary Switch for the 9x with presoldered Resistors - 30$ - No Way
2. Buying the Switch and solder the Resistors by myself - maybe 3-5$ - possible but not satisfying
3. Thinking about the Problem and finding a Solution - priceless
So i decided for #3 --> Big Thank to my good friend Direk from BBC (Bavarian Baustel Crew) who is a electrotechnical Crack and his CNC Machine ;)
This is the result:
The Flight Mode Controller Board Alpha 0.1
It's made to fit in the 9x above the Mainboard.
1. Switching Flightmodes via buttons with LED Feedback
2. Adding a I2C to 9x for a Nunchuck Controller
3. Controlling a Pan/Tilt Cam by Gyro (Turning your Head turns the Cam) or Joystick of the Nunchuck
4. Controlling your RC Plane / Drone / Whatever over UMTS or even EDGE (PPM over IP)
5. Integration in 9x Software
7. Interfaceing a brushless Gimbal (actually i have to add some Motor Drivers)