All Discussions (33306)

Sort by

Completely lost with radios..

Alright, so my Futaba 6EXAP Tx/Rx just came in the mail, and I have NO idea how to set it up. I don't even know how to connect the battery. The "instruction manual" is absolutely no help. It just tells me how to charge the battery and program it.Coul

Read more…
3 Replies

Battery help

I ordered a battery to run two 6-volt DC motors with the parallax HB-25.The problem is, the battery connectors come in this plastic case in which I can't solder.

I could always cut and strip the wires, but unfortunately the battery charger connector u

Read more…
3 Replies

Video Downlink

I was wondering if anyone has built a drone with a realtime video downlink. I have seen many here with photos and video taken onboard but none that are fed live down to the ground. What would it take to do this? I am curious because I would like to b

Read more…
2 Replies

Questions from a beginner

This was my dream to fly UAV's since my childhood. I used to envisage myself flying those marvelous miniature aircraft's. Now I am 29 , wanna make my dreams a reality. SO can anyone please give me some leads and how to begin ? The basics, where to bu

Read more…
5 Replies
T3

Picopilot with Windows Vista

Guys, I have a Picopilot NAT and am trying to get it to work with Windows Vista and my HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop. The laptop doesn't have a serial connector, so I am using a USB-to-RS232 serial adapter with a Null Modem adapter, but despite every pos

Read more…
1 Reply

Question on the logistics of GPS

I've heard different answers from different sources on the exact capabilities of GPS technology (specifically, the Parallax GPS Receiver). One thing I was wondering was about the heading information the GPS receiver outputs. I understand this is done

Read more…
4 Replies

Electric powered RC plane / UAV

For my Jr/Sr design project in college, my design team has decided to build a small RC plane / UAV. We are currently doing research for the project which will be a twin engine, channel wing design. My question is, are there any relatively cheap ways

Read more…
2 Replies

Latitude/Longitude Conversions

I feel really dumb asking this, but I swear I've been looking all over the web and I can't find a definitive answer. Every website I find tells me how to convert from degrees/minutes/seconds to decimal degrees, but the Parallax GPS receiver outputs i

Read more…
4 Replies

Activity