All Discussions (33296)

Sort by

Blimp Gondola Sources

Hi, I've been lurking long enough and want to build myself one of these blimps. First step is buying the envelope and gondola. I saw that earlier versions used the Plantraco but the newer version uses the Tri-Turbo model off the shark.The shark seems

Read more…
7 Replies

high stable UAV

Sir,We are a group of students from IIT Madras we are working on a UAV project for which we feel to have your opinion regarding certain aerodynamics of the aircraft to be used:The UAV is guided a base after take off and its position is given by GPS i

Read more…
2 Replies

New aircraft

Hi allI thought I would post a pick of my new aircraft. It is a pheonix models rainbow artf with a 63" wingspan. I had previously built a black horse liberty 182 but since that decide to roll on takeoff at about 5ft there wasn't much left after the c

Read more…
1 Reply

Stamp questions from a beginner

Hi all,I'm somewhat new to building UAVs. I've done some research at school on methods of control applied to UAVs so I'm not completely new however I've never actually tried to make one fly. I was just wondering why everyone uses BASIC Stamp processo

Read more…
5 Replies

Need help with telemetry.

I am trying to build a UAV that can travel for long distances and i have been looking into using a satellite phone connected to a gps so i can track the location in real time, but i cant find anything that will work for me. if anyone has any suggesti

Read more…
1 Reply

Airspeed sensors / Altimeters

I have been tinkering with the idea of creating a air speed sensor using a differential pressure sensor such as the Motorola MXP5100DP series with a dual two port case which can easily be connected to silicon tubing and then to an external air input

Read more…
1 Reply

Getting start with PID...

I have a helicopter and an IMU (a device that shows altitude [namely Roll Pitch Yaw], XYZ angular velocities and XYZ linear accelerations), and a GPS.And now is trying to hover the helicopter with these sensor by using PID.The problem is that I don't

Read more…
4 Replies

AUV project brainstorming

I'm thinking of constructing an AUV as an engineering project. I will be interning with an underwater robotics lab at a local university that designs their own AUVs so I want to be able to apply what I learn from that experience. I know this communit

Read more…
6 Replies

Radio Range Increase

Does anyone know how I can increase the range on my RC helo. Its a very basic 3 channel helo that I want to use as a video platform while I am here in Argentina to take video footage of the scenery, ETC. They don't really regulate too much here so I

Read more…
2 Replies

drone project

Hello I am a robotics student who is considering building an autonomous drone for my final year project. This might seem strange but I have no experience with drones but am very egger to learn as I have developed a sudden interest in flying objects.

Read more…
1 Reply

Q-PCM / Radio

Hey Guys,I'm a High school student working on a UAV with a couple of my buddies. We've got a ultrastick platform that has flown well for us, we've got a 26cc gas engine with the ugliest cowl you've ever seen and a velocity stack turned ram air. We're

Read more…
1 Reply

Activity