All Discussions (33296)

Sort by

PDA for UAV

I have looked around the internet and found a few things on this but nothing really on any UAV applications, so I figured I would post an idea of mine and see what everybody's thoughts were.I was looking through the options on buying all the hardware

Read more…
3 Replies

Alright.... Still Lost.

A couple of weeks ago I asked how you guys would stabilize and navigate.Chris Anderson said FMA-Copilot and use the rudder to navigateI must say first... FMA rocks, keeps it extremely stable, there might be a tiny amount of elevation loss, but overal

Read more…
2 Replies

Noob curious about DIY drones

Hi,I sort of ran across this site by accident and it really caught my attention. I can't say that I'm interested in building one myself, but am curious to know if its realistic for me to build one. I've browsed through the site but am very confused o

Read more…
2 Replies

Using a satellite Modem

I would like to say thanks to who ever started this webpage because about 3 years ago this page would have really helped me and some of the other engineers at my college that wanted to get started in this.Anyways, I wanted to ask something that may o

Read more…
4 Replies

AUTONOMOUS ROBOT HELICOPTER

Hello people this my first post in the forum , i needed help from you experts regarding a project which iam interested in building, i want to make an autonomous robot helicopter which can have some basic abilities for obstacle avoidance and complete

Read more…
7 Replies

quadcopter help

Drone componentsHello, I am building my first quad copter and wondered if anyone could recommend any specific motors and ESC for my project? I have a may pay load of around 2Kg. I am also looking for a microprocessor and gyroscope which would be suit

Read more…
3 Replies

first time quadcopter project

Hello, first of all I would just like to say I am completely new to all of this flying business! I am a university student studying robotics and wish to built an autonomous quad copter/drone (not sure what there supposed to be called) for my final ye

Read more…
2 Replies

Hobbyist UAV and FPV rules??

I just recently bought a RTF Hangar 9 Arrow, with the plan to convert it to UAV use. I just flew for the first time last weekend at a local AMA club that was having a newbie day. I was shocked by their membership fee ($125/year) plus the fact that yo

Read more…
2 Replies

UAV helicopter

Hi. I have a RC helicopter and I would like to convert it to semi-autonomous flight. I have a Spartan AP2000i, which works great for stabilising the heli; but now I want to be able to tell the heli to go where I want or program a circuit for it to go

Read more…
6 Replies

Ducted wing for UAV

Hi Guys,here is a quick and dirty mock of my ducted wing design. The idea is to create the wing from rapid prototyped poly carbonate with a carbon fibre spar bonded to it. The duct is built into the design and feeds air over the wing from a ducted fa

Read more…
5 Replies

RubyPilot Source Repository

I've started coding my own Autopilot in Ruby over the last few days. It's designed to be highly modular and portable, and is able to run on the Gumstix platform as well as a standard PC. Input and output modules can be swapped out with others for tes

Read more…
1 Reply

Am I just wasting my time?

Hi Guys,I have a dream of designing and making an electric fixed wing UAV for civillian applications. I came up with the idea of making the airframe from a mixture of rapid prototype (rp) parts and CF box sections for the wing spars and backbone. I w

Read more…
1 Reply

Simulation of Helicopters

Hey everyone,Next semester, a friend and I will be working on an autonomous helicopter for a research project at school. We're both undergrads at Olin College.We're most worried about setting up a good simulation of our aircraft before we test our au

Read more…
1 Reply

Activity