All Discussions (33299)

Sort by
T3

Waypoint Syntax...plus

I would be interested to see some examples of how different autopilots handle way points and flight commands. Specifically the syntax used in the files used to load these way points and flight commands. The reason I am interested is that I looking at

Read more…
2 Replies

Iraq UAV

I have just joined and am very impressed with the work you all are doing. I am deployed to Iraq with one son just north in Baghdad and another son with a provincial reconstruction team in Afghanistan. I have a great interest in seeing stable governme

Read more…
3 Replies

Best (Easiest) Platform?

Hello,A project of mine this summer, or at least one I hope to get done, is to build an autonomous aircraft that relies on GPS to travel at least a few miles on its own before either landing at its destination or returning home. Hopefully picure-taki

Read more…
3 Replies
100KM

Robot basic

ive been playng with RobotBASIC for a simple ground station so far im having good results i can send joystck commands over a serial port and ive started work on live tracking over a "map" . it very easy to code and it has a simulation enviroment to p

Read more…
1 Reply

need help??

I am a newb to UAV's, and I want to build one. So my question is, how would I make a UAV with live camera feed that feed into my laptop?I would also like to know how to incorporate a GPS, and the ability to fly the UAV with a joystick connected to my

Read more…
4 Replies
T3

FAA - Petition for Rule Making

This post is intended for those members who are thinking of moving from the hobby arena to commercial use (and to any equipment vendors). Please note the user Condor is not PineCreek. PineCreek's contact details are contained in the documents for any

Read more…
4 Replies

Internet Controled UAV

Hey guy I am kind of new to the entire UAV thing, in fact I was thinking about it and I didn't realize that there were entire groups out here that built them. I was wondering if anyone had built a UAV that was controllable over long range via a data

Read more…
2 Replies

New to UAVs

HiI'm currently working on a project in my free time. I want to build a UAV which can:1. Fly by radio control (*obvious*)2. Send back camera and UAV signals (Plus IR if possible)3. Fly through predesignated waypoints4. Have the waypoints updated duri

Read more…
1 Reply

UAV with FPV and sill camera

Were working on building a UAV with first person video and the ability to take still shots from a 8mp camera.Before we get into the camera setup I have a few questions regarding the UAV portion.We are using a predator B as the aircraft with FMA co-pi

Read more…
2 Replies

What is classified to be a UAV?

I do most of my RC aircraft scratchbuilt, i have a 3oz stripped down camera i use for AV but i dont have any FPV equipment or GPS equipment. What exactly is UAV?Is an Rc plane, piloted by an rc flyer, with a camera on it a UAV?

Read more…
2 Replies
100KM

FMA FS-8 malfunction

ok i just about had a fly off yesterday , was finishing 45 min duration test , flipped switch to manual mode and added throttle and banked to turn towards myself , i soon lost all control of all surfaces and throttle. i only have rudder going through

Read more…
2 Replies

Activity