All Discussions (33306)

Sort by

UAV convertable model aircraft

Hello,I like to get into hobby UAVs and I wanted to buy an electric park flyer or something bigger that I can convert into an UAV.What are the considerations when selecting an aircraft. Obviously lift capacity is important, but I also want something

Read more…
4 Replies

Start up Problem?

When I power up the quadcopter I notice one of the motors will turn very slowly in reverse until I flick it in the right direction when it seems to work OK. I have found the quadcopter very difficult to control. The motors do not seem to spin all fre

Read more…
1 Reply

The Hyperblimp

I do not know if any of you have seen this UAV yet. It is called the hyper blimp. It is an outdoor blimp that is being marketed as a camera platform. There is also footage on the site that shows one that stopped responding to controls, drifted into d

Read more…
3 Replies

Data modems

Im trying to decide on a cheap, relaible data modem that has atleast 10 miles of range. i would like to adapt it to work with my standard tx and fly my fpv plane, and later with the paparazzi im going to build.

Read more…
4 Replies

Arduino programming

Hi I have no idea of how to program in open source code I have some html web programming experience that is very basic is there a website or book that I could buy that could help this?

Read more…
2 Replies

Receiver channel doesn't work?

Not surprisingly, something goes horribly wrong when I haven't changed anything.After finally getting R/C integration with my basic stamp to work, four days later when I haven't touched anything, both my continuous rotation servo and one of my receiv

Read more…
3 Replies

my twin boom

heres my twin boom pusher i have been working on. its almost done im just waiting on a crystal and new motor mount. in the first version it had a 3s 4200mah lipo and flew 30+ min flights with plenty of power.this is allot more streamline and lighter

Read more…
3 Replies

Building a more durable UAV

As part of my PhD, I'm trying to design and build a UAV. But the UAV needs to a bit durable than your average RC aircraft. Therefore I was thinking about building one from composite materials, Fibreglass, Carbon Fibre, etc. Does anyone have any exper

Read more…
4 Replies

Part Recccomendations for UAV

Hello, I am working on building a UAV fo my master's thesis. I bought a Parkzone Slo-V 3 channel plane to hone my mad flyin skillz. So far I am accomplished at quickly ending my flights by smacking the plane into the ground. I will keep working on th

Read more…
1 Reply

Suitable trainer for UAV conversion?

Hey everyone!I've been lurking for a while now, and I'm finally taking the plunge. However I'm coming at this from the wrong angle - programming/electronics experience with no flight experience at all :/There's a local flying club which I'm going to

Read more…
2 Replies

Activity