I am looking for the right choice for 8 motors for an heavylift Octo.
The frame is carboncore Octo 100cm, with megaradius gimbal.
Total weight predicted - about 7kg, maybe up to 9kg with payload and extra batteries.
I need some advice choosing the ri
I'd like to use and Android phone for displaying the telemetry data,
just like mission planner with the XBEE.
is it possible ? how ?
i just need to view the map, altitude, etc... no need for 2 way controls etc...
I need advice on what airframe to choose for Aerial photography Octa.
It will be carrying about 2.5-3.5 KG payload of gear
What are your inputs on OCTA-V versus traditional OCTA (spider shape) ?
I haven't seen many OCTA-V projects, but one is impress
at one time i saw such gimbals for ~500$, but i can't find them...
im searching for a gimbal between 300$ to 700$,
any recommendations out there for a commercial unit including servos ?
I wonder what's the importance of making sure the APM/IMU is dead center the airframe.
no questions about it should be at the correct 'yaw' (ie. facing the front motor)
and being parallel to the arms and not tilted.
but at the X,Y plane must it be at
I am desperately trying to figure out good PIDs.
will appreciate owners of HEXA's share their PID and hardware setup !
I have an HEXA X frame, with 75cm between opposite motors,
using the 2836 880kv motors (orange) and 12" composite props.
on AC 2.0.23
the apm boot up and after calibration the green LED is steady on (meaning it's armed)
but actually it is not armed, throttle doesnt work.
when i arm, the LED stays solid on, then the throttle works.
when i disarm (even 10 sec long!)
using Xbees for telemetry,
i'd like to have the ground xbee connected to a PC GCS to be able to track the gps path to be able to find the copter if it is lost,
plus i'd like to "catch" some information from that xbee, to be processed by a custom micro
i have an 4 cells connected to the voltage dividers etc...
in setup, i wrote "battery 2" which confirmed me "4 cells".
in TEST mode, when i type "battery" it says "not enabled"
when i type "current" it seems to work:
- but how do i monitor each of t
I need to connect a USB device to a PC host, with long range (200-500m LOS)
found the "cables unlimited" thing, and other solutions from Belkin, but they are just 10m range.
i've found USB over wifi - which could be good - only thing i CANT use 2.4g
I'm not using Xbees for telemetry,
but i'm thinking of transmitting the altitude data to ground using my own transmitter and microprocessor.
is the telemetry port spitting out altitude data ?
at what form ? or what qualifiers can i use to 'catch' t
i already had a perfect flight last week, flying with like 1/4 throttle +/-...
yesterday on my flight i had some issues,
to take off i had to go to about 2/3 throttle, and at certain point i had to go to almost 100% throttle to stay in the air, (batte
During my last flight I remember that the arducopter kept on yaw-ing randomly (not strong yaw), it was a windy day...
It yawed both in GPS hold and in non-GPS hold modes.
should it do that ?
is there any way or mode in which it keeps the heading fi
i have done the transmitter calibration with the configurator,
all seems ok and it gets the right values and positions,
i hit save,
but then when i disconnect and reconnect the copter to USB, the "transmitter" screen in the configurator screen shows all
I've got a strange issue with ardupirates NG,
when i first connect the battery today to the arducopter,
then trying to takeoff it pulls to a direction very strong, like if the front and left motors are running stronger without touching the stick !
i got a 4800mah off ebay
it is half transparent and indeed you can see 4 cells inside.
the balance plug reads 3.85v for each of the 3 first cells, and 0.05v for the last cell.
the main wires reads 11.5v....
which is clearly the 4th cell is totally empty
i have the cheaper EPP black type 12x45 props from jDrones,
as i mounted one of the on the motor, it's clear it needed to be balanced.
as a temporary method i put electrical tape on top of one of the prop's sides,
it did the job and i could reduce the